1. Allport G.W. (1991) The nature of prejudice. Oxford: Addison-Wesley.
2. Asch S.E. (1940) Studies in the principles of judgments and attitudes: II. Determination of judgments by group and ego standards. Journal of Social Psychology, vol. 12, pp. 433465.
3. Barrett M., Davis S.C. (2008) Applying social identity and self-categorization theories to childrens racial, ethnic, national, and state identifications and attitudes. The Handbook of Race, Racism and the Developing Child. Hoboken (NJ): John Wiley & Sons, pp. 72110.
4. Brewer M.B. (2001) The many faces of social identity: Implications for political psychology. Political Psychology, vol. 22, pp. 115125.
5. Byrne D., Clore G.L. Jr., Worchel P. (1966) Effect of economic similarity-dissimilarity on interpersonal attraction. Journal of Personality and Social Psycholog, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 220224.
6. Chambers J.R., Schlenker B.R., Collisson B. (2013) Ideology and prejudice: The role of value conflicts. Psychological Science, vol. 24, pp. 140149.
7. Checkel J.T., Katzenstein P.J. (2009) European identity. Cambridge: Cambridge Univ. Press.
8. Chen F.F., Kenrick D.T. (2002) Repulsion or attraction? Group membership and assumed attitude similarity. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 111125.
9. Chen M., Bargh J.A. (1999) Consequences of automatic evaluation: Immediate behavioral predispositions to approach or avoid the stimulus. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 215224.
10. Chen X., Graham S. (2015) Cross-Ethnic Friendships and Intergroup Attitudes Among Asian American Adolescents. Child Development, vol. 86, no. 3, pp. 749764.
11. Clement R.W., Krueger J. (2002) Social categorization moderates social projection. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, vol. 38, pp. 219231.
12. Cohen G. L., Garcia J. (2005) "I Am Us": Negative Stereotypes as Collective Threats. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 566582.
13. Dovidio J.F., Gaertner S.L. (2010) Intergroup bias. Handbook of social psychology. Hoboken (NJ): John Wiley & Sons Inc., pp. 10841121.
14. Dovidio J.F., Gaertner S.L., Kafati G. (2000) Group identity and intergroup relations: The common in-group identity model. Advances in Group Processes. Stamford (CT): JAI, pp. 135.
15. Dumont M., Yzerbyt V.Y., Wigboldus D., Gordijn E. (2003) Social categorization and fear reactions to the September 11th terrorist attacks. Personality and Social Psychology Bulleti, vol. 29, pp. 112123.
16. Eagly A.H., Chaiken S. (1998) Attitude structure and function. Handbook of social psychology. Boston: McGraw-Hill, pp. 269322.
17. Edwards K. (1990) The interplay of affect and cognition in attitude formation and change. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 202216.
18. Epley N., Waytz A. (2010) Mind perception. Handbook of social psychology. Hoboken (NJ): John Wiley & Sons Inc., pp. 498541.
19. Esses V.M., Dovidio J.F. (2002) The role of emotions in determining willingness to engage in intergroup contact. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 12021214.
20. Fazio R.H. (1995) Attitudes as object-evaluation associations: Determinants, consequences, and correlates of attitude accessibility. Ohio State University series on attitudes and persuasion, Vol. 4. Attitude strength: Antecedents and consequences. Hillsdale (NJ): Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc., pp. 247282.
21. Fazio R.H., Olson M.A. (2003) Implicit Measures in Social Cognition Research Their Meaning and Uses. Annual Review of Psychology, vol. 54, pp. 297327.
22. Fazio R., Williams C.J. (1986) Attitude accessibility as a moderator of the attitude-perception and attitude-behavior relations: An investigation of the 1984 presidential election. Journal of personality and social psychology, vol. 51, pp. 505514.
23. Gaertner S.L., Dovidio J.F., Rust M.C., Banker B.C., Ward C. M, Mottolo G.M., Houlette M. (1999) Reducing intergroup bias: Elements of intergroup cooperation. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 76, pp. 388402.
24. Garcia-Retamero R., Muller S., Rousseau D. (2012) The Impact of Value Similarity and Power on the Perception of Threat. Political Psychology, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 17993.
25. Heider F. (1958) The psychology of interpersonal relations. Hoboken (NJ): John Wiley & Sons Inc.
26. Hogg M.A., Abrams D., Brewer M.B. (2017) Social identity: The role of self in group processes and intergroup relations. Group Processes & Intergroup Relations, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 570581.
27. Kaprio J., Koskenvuou M., Rose R.J. (1990) Change in cohabitation and intra-pair similarity of monozygotic (MZ) cotwins for alcohol use, extroversion, and neuroticism. Behavior Genetics, vol. 20, pp. 265276.
28. Karna M.N. (1999) Language, Region and National Identity. Sociological Bulletin, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 7596.
29. Leach C., Iyer A., Pedersen A. (2006) Anger and guilt about in-group advantage explain willingness for political action. Personality & social psychology bulletin, vol. 32, pp. 12321245.
30. Loewenstein G., Lerner J.S. (2003) The role of affect in decision making. Handbook of Affective Science. Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press, pp. 619642.
31. Mackie D.M., Devos T., Smith E.R. (2000) Intergroup emotions: Explaining offensive action tendencies in an intergroup context. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 79, pp. 602 616.
32. Mackie D.M., Devos T., Smith E.R. (2000). Intergroup emotions: Explaining offensive actions in an intergroup context. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol.79, pp. 602616.
33. Mackie D.M., Smith E.R., Ray D.G. (2008) Intergroup emotions and intergroup relations. Social and Personality Psychology Compass, vol. 2, pp. 18661880.
34. McGarty C., Pedersen A., Leach C., Mansell T., Waller J., Bliuc A-M. (2006) Group?based guilt as a predictor of commitment to apology. The British journal of social psychology, vol. 44, pp. 659680.
35. Mitchell K. (2015) Rethinking the Erasmus Effect on European Identity. Journal of Common Market Studies, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 330348.
36. Ortony A., Clore G. L., Collins A. (1998) The cognitive structure of emotions. New York (NY): Cambridge Univ. Press.
37. Peters E. (2006) The functions of affect in the construction of preferences. The construction of preference. New York: Cambridge Univ. Press, pp. 454463.
38. Plaut V.C. (2010) Diversity science: Why and how difference makes a difference. Psychological Inquiry, vol. 21, pp. 7799.
39. Rattan A., Ambady N. (2013) Diversity ideologies and intergroup relations: An examination of colorblindness and multiculturalism. European Journal of Social Psychology, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 1221.
40. Richeson J.A., Nussbaum R.J. (2004) The impact of multiculturalism versus colorblindness on racial bias. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, vol. 40, pp. 417423.
41. Rokeach M. (1960) The open and closed mind. Oxford: Basic Books.
42. Ross L., Greene D., House P. (1977) The false consensus effect: An egocentric bias in social perception and attribution processes. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 279301.
43. Rose R.J., Kaprio J. (1988) Frequency of social contact and intrapair resemblance of adult monozygotic cotwins or does shared experience influence personality after all? Behavior Genetics, vol. 18, pp. 309328.
44. Rothgerber H., Worchel S. (1997) The view from below: Intergroup relations from the perspective of the disadvantaged group. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 73, no. 6, pp. 11911205.
45. Scheepers P., Gijsberts M., Hello E. (2002) Religiosity and Prejudice against Ethnic Minorities in Europe: Cross-National Tests on a Controversial Relationship. Review of Religious Research, vol. 43, pp. 242265.
46. Smith A. (1992) National Identity and the Idea of European Unity. International Affairs, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 5576.
47. Stephan W.G., Renfro C.L. (2002) The role of threats in intergroup relations. From prejudice to intergroup emotions. New York: Psychology Press, pp. 191208.
48. Stephan W.G., Stephan C.W. (2000) An integrated threat theory of prejudice. Reducing Prejudice and Discrimination. Mahwah (NJ): Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, pp. 2345.
49. Stephan W.G., Ybarra O., Morrison K. R. (2009) Intergroup threat theory. Handbook of prejudice, stereotyping, and discrimination. New York: Psychology Press, pp. 4359.
50. Tajfel H., Turner J.C. (1979) An Integrative Theory of Intergroup Conflict. The Social Psychology of Intergroup Relations. Monterey (CA): Brooks/Cole, pp. 3347.
51. Turner J.C., Hogg M.A., Oakes P.J., Reicher S.D., Wetherell M.S. (1987) Rediscovering the social group: A self-categorization theory. Cambridge (MA): Basil Blackwell.
52. Verplanken B., Hofstee G., Janssen H.J.W. (1998) Accessibility of affective versus cognitive components of attitudes. European Journal of Social Psychology, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 2335.
53. Verkuyten M. (2005) Ethnic group identification, and group evaluations among minority and majority groups: Testing the multiculturalism hypothesis. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 88, pp. 121138.
54. Verkuyten M. (2007) Religious group identification and inter-religious relations: A study among Turkish-Dutch Muslims. Group Processes and Intergroup Relations, vol. 1, pp. 341357.
55. Verkuyten M. (2009) Support for multiculturalism and minority rights: The role of national identification and out-group threat. Social Justice Research, vol. 22, pp. 3152.
56. Vorauer J.D., Gagnon A., Sasaki S.J. (2009) Salient intergroup ideology and intergroup interaction. Psychological Science, vol. 20, pp. 838845.
57. Winkielman P., Knutson B., Paulus M.P. Tujillo J.T. (2007) Affective influence on decisions: Moving towards the core mechanisms. Review of General Psychology, vol. 11, pp. 179192.
58. Wolsko C., Park B., Judd C.M. (2006) Considering the tower of Babel: Correlates of assimilation and multiculturalism among ethnic minority and majority groups in the United States. Social Justice Research, vol. 19, pp. 277306.